When it comes to Valentine’s Day, chances are you’re thinking about how you’ll wow your lucky someone once you two have a chance to be together – a romantic night in the city or a home cooked meal, perhaps. But aside from everything you can do when you’re side by side, don’t forget about making them feel special during the time that you’re apart. A great place to start? Surprise them at work! Below are a few of our favorite office Valentine’s Day ideas.
- Special Delivery: Everyone loves to get mail, especially at a place like the office where they might not receive something every day, so make sure your loved one gets a special delivery on or around this holiday. Start off small by sending them a handwritten letter that has them smitten, then top it off by having a beautiful bouquet brought to their desk. But don’t just let anyone deliver it – bring it to them yourself!
- Lunch Date: Does your sweetie have a conference room accessible in the office? Give their co-workers a call in advance and see if you can book it for their lunch break. Then, with their help, have them put a meeting on their calendar that requires them to be in a different part of the office for a bit so that you can come in and set up. You’ll love the look on their face when they come back in to find you waiting for them with lunch in hand. And don’t forget about dessert!
- Desk Notes: This one may require a bit more planning, but as long as you have the contact information of someone else in the office, it can be simple to carry out! Once everyone has gone home for the night, have someone let you in and decorate their desk with sweet notes that will have them smiling all day long. You can place them on their keyboard, computer screen, mouse pad – anywhere really! You may even consider having an adorable stuffed teddy bear waiting for them on their chair to go along with it all.
- Phone Call: Don’t just send them a text to let them know you’re thinking of them, call their office line instead. Especially if they usually get calls that aren’t all that exciting, this one will most definitely brighten up their day. Want to spice it up just a little bit? Call them from right outside the office door, and start walking in ever so slowly until they look up to find you at their desk.
- A Flower For Every Hour: One surprise is nice, and two surprises are even better, but surprises that continue until the moment they steps out the door to head home? Well that’s a home run! Every hour, have one of their co-workers bring one of their favorite flowers over to their desk, so that by the end of the day, they can easily fill an entire vase! If you want to really go big, the last delivery of the day should come from you – one of these rose bouquets will certainly do!